Friday, July 1, 2011

It's a Farm Party!

Good Morning Everyone!
The air is cool and brisk here, perfect weather for pulling weeds! Sounds like a hoot huh? Actually, I am happy to do it because I am getting everything ready, inside and out for my daughter’s 3rd Bash at the Barnyard birthday party.  She is so enamored when it comes to anything concerning farm animals; so naturally, I thought this party would be a perfect fit for her.  As she witness’s me getting things ready for her party, like creating the label’s for the candy bar or putting together the cutest favor box’s, she becomes so getty, it’s too darn cute!  Even as I sit here to write this, she is right next to me asking, “For me? For my party?”….this party cannot come soon enough for her!
To create this Bash at the Barnyard party I have put together small kid size tables complete with a red and white checked table cloth that has tiny ants printed on it.  Each child has their own place card, which is a tiny farmer’s hat with their names on a coordinating themed card.  Matching linen napkins and wooden cutlery will be placed on the plates.  For cups, I am using small glass milk bottles with straws, topped off with some string tied in a bow.  For the centerpieces I used huge milk jugs and placed sunflowers inside to give the feel of a farm.  Finally, for seating for the kids, I will be using barrels of hay, perfect height for the kids.
For the food I am creating a gourmet hotdog stand along with hamburgers, corn on a cob sticks, veggies, chips and of course chocolate, strawberry and regular milk!  Soda, lemonade and ice tea will be on hand for the adults at the party.
I am looking forward to this party probably just as much as my daughter.  I will be sure to keep everyone updated on the success of the party, will pictures for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment